|| The Real Colours Of Holi || Sachkaro ||




In this life, nothing is more beautiful than seeing an uninhibited laugh on a child’s face. That infectious, unabashed laugh. Without concerns, without any embarrassments. Without any care of who is around them, or not. Is anybody observing them — hardly matters? Only a continuous stream of an uninterrupted laugh. Pure gold.

There is an innate sincerity in how we did things when we were young. How we approached things. How we got lost in that zigzag of lines that we drew on paper. For us, in those lines was our entire world, in those lines was whatever we ever wanted to be.

We drew. We sang. We danced.

We did everything we felt like doing, what our hearts called us to do. We made faces like monkeys, cuddled like pandas, snuggled onto our beds like puppies. We did everything with a truthfulness that was as clear as the fresh-water of a running river.

And I miss that.

Today I was with my cousins. They’d come to our home to celebrate Holi, the Indian festival of colours. They are mostly pre-teens, some even younger. I, my brother and those cousins went out on the porch with colours, water balloons and water guns. Seeing us there, a few more children from our neighbourhood joined us. And boy, we had an amazing three hours of fun.

The kids started playing Holi, hurling colours at each other, throwing water balloons and shooting water guns. It was a bliss watching them enjoying every moment of their life.

I was mostly acting as the man-in-charge of managing inventory. Refilling their water cannons and water balloons. Mixing colours in the water. But such infectious was their spirit that I pitched in, in-between, spraying colours here and there, becoming a child with them.

After all the celebration with colours and balloons was done, we packed up and went back, bathed and slipped into clean dry clothes. Then we all sit around the dining table, in the room filled with the aroma of. And we laughed at the innocent remarks of those little high spirited kids who were still under the effect of the colours of Holi.

As I listened to them talking, I realized, that I may have washed myself clean, rinsed off the external colours of Holi, but it will take sometime before the real colours of Holi, that I got from being with these children, will rinse off of me.

Follow me on Twitter.
Connect with me on LinkedIn
Check out my Facebook Page
Subscribe YouTube Channel: SACHKARO

No comments

Please do not enter any link in the comment box.

Powered by Blogger.